March 12, 2010

"The Diet" (Part Two)


The real test of "The Diet" was going home to Oregon for the holidays. We decided it would be impossible to limit her exposure to the "bad foods" so we just let up completely. By the end of the three day period, my sister and I witnessed Amie running around in a tight circle flapping her arms around like a severly autistic child. It was like she was on drugs. As our eyes locked across the room she said, "It's amazing...the difference between the kid that arrived here 3 days ago, and this one..."

It wasn't scientific, but I felt it was a sign.

We went back on the diet immediately and I've been documenting that and other successes and failures ever since. I have started a few free-standing pages here with kid-friendly GF/CF foods and recipies and tricks for making foods, snacks and going out to eat Gluten and Dairy free. I'm not making any claims here...this is just the Cliff notes from a kitchen and parenting novice who spent a lot of time and waaay too much money learning...

I figure, if you can get a toddler to like it, then it's probably pretty tasty...and, as we are teaching Amie, it's nice to share.


P.S. All of the stuff posted here is only if it's worth trying.
The foods we have that haven't worked are not posted.
The things that she particularly loves or responds to, I've marked "Amie Approved".

No comments:

Post a Comment